Welcome to the LEAP Program
Learner Empowerment through Agency Partnerships (LEAP) is a community-based training program for adults with disabilities who want to learn and use skills in real life situations. The purpose of the program is to provide an opportunity for individuals with disabilities to learn job and life skills necessary to obtain self-sufficiency and enhance their potential and confidence.
Brevard's LEAP program was founded in 1999 by Kathy Lowe of Brevard Public Schools in Viera Florida. The first LEAP site was at the West Melbourne Wal-Mart. The LEAP program has grown every year since and now employs many trainers at training sites across Brevard county. Our students are involved in all manner of businesses from retail, to healthcare, to county government and education.
High School students can receive credit for their LEAP experience under Course Number 7980120 Career Experience.
LEAP Training Sites:
- Big Lots on Malabar Road in Palm Bay & Dixon Blvd. in Cocoa
- Brevard County Government:
- Clerk of Courts in Viera
- Traffic Engineering in Viera
- Central Brevard Humane Society in Cocoa
- Central Brevard Humane Society, Molly Mutt Thrift Shop in Rockledge
- The Children's Center in Titusville
- Goodwill Industries on Wickham Road in Melbourne
- Parrish Medical Center in Titusville
- Wuesthoff Medical Center in Melbourne
- Wuesthoff Medical Center in Rockledge
Thank you for visiting our site. Please browse our other pages for more information.